October’s over, fall is slowly coming to an end and we’re slowly embracing the cold British winter. Just because it’s coming to an end though, the pumpkin spice fad doesn’t have to die. here are some of our favourite pumpkin spice recipes. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
A lot of people would argue that Oatmeal is a boring food that’s bland, has a weird texture and has no flavour. We however see that as a positive. When you have something so plain, you can basically dress it up however you’d like it. It can taste super naughty but it is extremely healthy as it’s high fiber content and nutrition within keeps you happy and full throughout the morning. Here’s an interesting twist on oatmeal.
- 1⁄2 cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup of water of a cup of milk (regular, or any plant based alternative)
- 1⁄8 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (or maple syrup, agave nectar, honey etc)
- Place oats, water/milk as well as pumpkin puree in a pan over a low heat.
- Whisk together these 3 ingredients and wait till slightly thickened.
- Add the pumpkin spice as well as brown sugar towards the end and stir till fully incorporated
- Add more brown sugar and nuts on top if desired.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
One could argue that the pumpkin spice trend all began when Starbucks launched it’s pumpkin spice latte. We now have the recipe for you to create something at home. Trust us when we say it’s just as good!
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 cup milk (regular, or any plant based alternative)
- 1-2 shots of espresso
- In a small saucepan, stir canned pumpkin puree into with milk until fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla syrup, the spice and stir.
- Heat gently, continuing to stirring occasionally just until steaming and foam begins to appear.
- Pour pumpkin flavored milk into a tall mug and pour espresso over.
Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- 1 1⁄2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk (regular or any plant based alternative)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in large bowl.
- In a second bowl beat together eggs, sugar, pumpkin, milk, and butter;
- Gently fold in the flour mixture.
- Cook according to your waffle iron directions.
- Add syrup of choice
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
A twist on the traditional hot chocolate. Who say’s vegans can’t enjoy the same treats, this pumpkin spice hot chocolate is said to be just as amazing as a regular one. Don’t knock it before you try it!
- 1 cup rice milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder (which is the purest form aka unprocessed version of cocoa powder)
- Few shakes of pumpkin spice
- This ones really simple, simply whisk all elements in a pan and heat it over light flames over the stove top.
Read more about fall recipes here!
5 ways to eat your Christmas tree
Rag N Bone Man at Alexandra Palace